Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Carbon foot print

Yesterday we were talking about carbon footprint in which was this website http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/. In addition I calculated my carbon footprint which was approximately 2.28. Also I took the student standard and the average was nearly 3.87. There are many factors that reached me to this level which were classified as: travel, home, stuff. We can say that the carbon foot print is the total set of GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions caused directly and indirectly by an individual, organization, event or product. The largest contributor to my carbon footprint is traveling. Because of the lack of transportation in Abu Dhabi where I live, I usually travel in two main private cars; one of them is a saloon and the other one is a four wheel drive. so I can’t substitute my cars with buses or trains, because it is impossible because of two reasons; the first is that the bus is too public and I don’t get used to it plus the bus is slower and stops a lot, and the second is that we suffer from the lack of the variety of transportation. About traveling, I’m flying from Abu Dhabi to any country in Europe or sometimes to Australia in the summer with my family. Finally about the food, I’m on strict diet; in this part I can’t improve it because it helps to decrease the footprint. I also have a jog at the Corniche once every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment